Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day one....

Currently I'm sitting here in Salt Lake City at the airport, starting this blog. The flight to here from Sacramento was really short and easy! Leaving this morning was one of the more difficult things I've had to do. The water works were in full effect! It started with me telling Nemo to be a good boy so my parents wouldn't think he was being a pain in the ass... Laugh all you want, but saying goodbye to Winnie and Frankie was so hard. I think Frankie knew something was going on because he just
looked sad this morning (maybe I'm crazy!) My mom and I both cried when she' dropped me off. Here I am 22 years old and I've never really left home for very long like this. What did I get myself into?

I couldn't be more excited to get to Cody, Wyoming in a couple hours. My flight takes off in about an hour and a half. My mind is filled with questions about what it's going to look like, what I'll be doing what the people will be like... I honestly can't wait to get on a horse right now. I think that will be the only familiar thing to me once I'm there and I'm looking forward to SOMETHING that I actually know. Of all the things in life that make me uncertain, horses are not at all apart of that.

I'm expecting a lot of hard work once I arrive, but I think I'll rise to that challenge easily and enjoy it. 

By the way.... How weird is it that I'm not a server/bartender anymore?!?!

Once I arrive at Hawkeye Ranch and get settled I'll blog a little more about my first look at Wyoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment