I went on a quad ride right when I got here to see some of the place and it is breathtaking. A river runs right through the ranch and the whole place is in a type of valley surrounded by mountains. We went around to the pastures and met the horses. There's some super cute yearlings who are real shy. I'm so used to the extremely desensitized babies so its different but I think I could learn something new as far as training goes. It looks like they're all Quarter Horses but that's what I was expecting anyways. No fancy Warmbloods here!
Tonight we (a few of us who work here) went to the pond and had a bonfire with some beer. It was Busch... Not sure how I feel about that beverage choice, but the company was great. They are all so welcoming but super chill at the same time. I'm relieved that everyone is so willing to accept a new person even though they're all so close already. I definitely miss my California friends but this is really comforting so far.
Tomorrow I'll be up at 6:30 to start my day. I can't wait to see what the day holds!
For now.... Here's some pictures to show how beautiful this place is.
Mountains beside the ranch
The pasture where all the babies and cows are.
The little yearlings!
This is leaving Salt Lake City, Utah
Just coming into Cody
No comments:
Post a Comment